
...those who like Neil Diamond. And those who don't.
This weekend, I discovered that I'm a part of the latter group.
I also discovered that hosting a "What About Bob?" party can be a lot of fun.
As the guests arrived, a Neil Diamond CD from the library was playing.
I had to turn the volume down really low so as not to go insane.
My new pet, Gil, was excited to see his namesake on the screen,
so we started the movie.
I love "What About Bob" more and more every time I see it.
There is almost always something new to find humor in.
One of my very wise guests pointed out that
Dr. Marvin's children are named after Sigmund Freud and his daughter Anna.
Bob loves that Fay's corn is hand-shucked.
After the movie ended, we had a corn shucking contest.
It was intense.
And the winner of the Salt Substitute is...
Jen with 10.5 seconds!
Unfortunately, Dr. Marvin didn't show up for a book signing,
but we did enjoy reading the cover of Baby Steps.
If you ever need "a vacation from your problems,"
let me know and I'll gladly watch Bob with you too.
1 comment:
I'm wondering why I wasn't invited...Maybe we can watch Bob the next time I'm in town!
Post a Comment