I had a dream that I was teaching and the lights went off. I thought to myself, I can't believe the lights turned off! It must be because TC is absent. The district recently installed motion sensors in all of our classrooms (which I personally think is not going to save any money) and if nobody moves for 5 minutes, it goes dark. This has yet to happen, but I promised my class an extra recess if they manage this feat. Maybe if I tell them it happened in my dream, they'll be more motivated to stay in their seats.
The best part about this dream is what triggered it. The day before, TC had gotten out of her seat at least 8 times before the morning announcements were even over. I finally told her to glue her bottom to her chair. So what happened next? I watched her literally glue her bottom to her chair. A few kids came up to my desk to tell me what had happened and waited to see how I would handle the situation. What can you do when a student does exactly what you asked her to do? Not much. So I did nothing. She soon realized it wasn't such a good idea and cleaned up the mess.
No comments:
Post a Comment