During the last week of school, a boy in my class religiously carried a jar around with him everywhere he went. The lid read: Donashuns for the People in the Tornato.
Yesterday, my rommate's 4 year old nephew was over. He set up a miniature baseball diamond in our living room using stuffed animals. "The horse is on first, the big dog is on second, the other dog is on third, the towel is home, and the couch is the umpire...because I don't got any more pets."
Today I finally got around to reading the surveys that I gave out to my reading group so that I can better plan for next year. Here are a few of their suggestions:
"I wish that we had more candy and I mean this!"
"I wish that we could play football."
"I wish that we didn't have to write this."
I'm tacking on one more that happened a while ago. My friend's mom came into my class to teach us all about farming. When she asked the class what the difference is between a gardener and a farmer, one student responded, "A farmer wears a hat."
1 comment:
Love this posting. Truly made me smile. The funny things kids say almost make up for all the headaches they cause.
Post a Comment