Friday, June 10, 2011

Toaster Oven

I had a dream that I was at my grandparent's house in their kitchen. A bunch of people from my ward showed up as I was cooking pancakes. Since I was only making a few, I thought that it would be a better idea to cook them in the toaster oven. I stuck them in there and started talking to my friends. Before I knew it, the toaster oven was smoking like crazy. I had no idea what could have gone wrong, so I wasn't sure how to solve the problem. I cautiously unplugged it and the smoke died down enough for me to see inside. My pancakes had grown as much as the Grinch's heart on the side of Mt. Crumpit (3 sizes). There was batter all over the place. It was a mess that nobody would want to clean up. So I carried the toaster oven into the backyard and set it on a stump.

A note from awake Bethany:
Toaster ovens are really great. You might even say that I am in love with mine. However, they are not great for everything. I have learned through real-life experience that you should not try to bake cookies in a toaster oven, nor should you try to melt the cheese on your tacos in there.

1 comment:

Janet said...

And, as much as your father would like to believe it, you cannot cook dinner in one. (At least not ours.)
p.s. I hope the stump was in Gr. Pell's yard. The birds would take care of your pancakes nicely.