Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lt. Holmes

This is Steven:




AKA Lieutenant Holmes:
Last night he left the U.S. to serve our country in Afghanistan,

and it's all his fault that my emotions have been on a roller coaster ride all day. 

This morning, I started crying as we were saying the Pledge of Allegiance at school.
 I think I only made it to "I pledge" before I had to stop talking.

Then, one of my students noticed the menorah I put up for Hanukkah and said,
"Miss Jones is Jewish?!!"

That made me laugh.

Only a few minutes later, they had a special visitor appear on the announcements.
It was a father who came home last week from Afghanistan for a short while.
He presented an American flag that flew on Sept. 11, 2011 in Afghanistan and was dedicated to our school.

Crying again.

The rest of the day went really well.
After school, I stopped at Walgreen's and they asked me if I wanted to buy a candy bar for the troops in Afghanistan .  I said, "Yes I do!" without shedding a single tear.
I picked out a great one for you Steven.

I can't wait for you to be reunited with your wonderful wife and
soon-to-be-born little girl!
Thank you for serving our country!

3 comments:

Andrea Stevenson said...

Uh oh, super emotional on Christmas week? Better not be cryin on Christmas, you know that's all Camaron has been waiting for

Bethany said...

He just might get his Christmas wish.

Ashley said...

This is Amazing. Oh my word. LOVE IT. Love YOU! :)