Mr. Sandman was my bff last night. He brought me some crazy vivid dreams. It really is quite unfortunate for the rest of you that you weren't there and also that I was unable to write them down before spelling rules and the Judicial Branch and the order of operations and my fly being down for 1.5 hours started to fog up my memory.
So, here's what's left:
I walked up to my bedroom door to discover that someone had decorated the whole thing with red butcher paper and coded messages. I followed a series of clues that lead me to my collection of cassette tapes. I had to find a specific tape called "Mix Tape" and a certain song. The song that was originally there had been dubbed over my whoever sent me on this chase. Through the song, I learned that this person wanted to take me to a Valentine's dance.
Later on in my dreaming, I went over to my parents' house. I was there for about an hour and when I left, I couldn't find my car anywhere. I concluded that someone had stolen it. I decided that the best way to get my car back was to walk around the neighborhood until I saw my car (because when people steal cars, they stay within walking distance). There was not a single car parked in the entire neighborhood. Why not? Well, it's because all the youth from my parents' church were having a sleepover in the neighborhood streets. There were teenagers lined up for several blocks in sleeping bags on the asphalt. I never found my car.
The first part makes more sense if you know these 2 things about my life:
1) I have this super cool sister who knows how to throw a shindig. It was her birthday a few weeks ago and she had a super sweet 90s party. Among all the radness, one of my favorite things was the super fly invitation I received that was patterned after a Walkman with a cassette tape inside.
2) I drove back from a quick trip to Vegas last night. I was there with my amazing coworkers for a literacy conference. I learned a lot and I had such a great time with them. During the car ride home, we talked about almost everything-including how we had asked boys out to dances in high school.
I've got nothing to explain the 2nd part of my dream.

1 comment:
Wow. Your dreams are so much fun!
Post a Comment