Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Morning Dreams

My church time changed to 2:00 pm today.  As feared, I slept in way longer than I should have.  Fortunately though, I got some good dreams out of that extra sleep time.

Dream 1:

It was my birthday, so I invited all of the third graders to my party (who would do that?).  One of their parents agreed to host it at her house.  I had a lot to do that day and was way behind schedule.  I stopped at the mall to fulfill another obligation first.  I soon realized that I had no idea where the party was located.  The mother hosting my party called and asked how much longer she should hold the kids there.  I never made it to the party.

Dream 2:

I went to New York City with my fam.  The hotel lobby TVs warned us that another big storm was coming.  I thought to myself, "Why did we think it would be okay to come here right after Hurricane Sandy?"  A hotel employee gave us a copy of their emergency evacuation plan. The atmosphere was starting to get a little tense.  I continued to check the TV monitors and then a credit card commercial came on.  At the bottom of their credit card, there was a quote.  It read, "This storm will not be as bad as Sandy. -Dieter F. Uchtdorf" 
That's when I knew we'd be okay.  I had been walking around with a toothbrush in my mouth.  I went to return it to the medicine cabinet and discovered that my toothbrush was already in it's place. I was using someone else's toothbrush. Hope they don't find out! 

Dream 3:

I lived in a very nice home and had invited my students over (perhaps I felt bad for missing my own birthday party earlier).  Everything went well and then their parents came to pick them up.  I went in the backyard to get them and discovered that they had all jumped in our lake. How was I going to explain this to their parents? How did they even get in there? I tried asking my husband (yes, I had a husband) what had happened, but everything was a bit chaotic and I never got an answer.  

1 comment:

Janet said...

You made me laugh out loud! It's a close call, but I think Dream #2 is the funniest.