Saturday, April 28, 2012

More Diary Entries

Here are some hand-picked highlights from my childhood diaries:
March 26, 1995
Dear Diary,
Jonathon  Taylor Thomas is so cute.  He is in a new movie called “man of the house” and I saw it.  Stephanie got a poster of him and Jessica got a magazine about him.  I wan’t to get the new magazine about him.  I got a “Boys 2 men” c.d. and last night I got a “Mariah Carey” c.d.





July 8, 1995
Jonathon Taylor Thomas grew his hair really long and not cute anymore.




January 15, 1996
I like everything we are studying in school now except for math because I hate Mrs. ______ , our math A.L.P. teacher.  She is teaching us things I learned in 5th grade. (I’m in 6th grade and ALP stands for Axelerated Learning Program)


Side note: Now that I work in the district I grew up in, I have taken classes from this same lady as an adult. I still don't enjoy her teaching.


2-15-96
I like the pen my mom gave me. It is a really nice pen and it was $4.00.  Can you believe one pen that is not gold or anything.


2-22-96 (The dramatic entry)
What I write from now on shall be written into a book: It is 5:00 AM on Thursday morning.  My stomach is in knots and its turning in every direction that is possible.  I am sicker than a child who has been in the rain without food for several months.  It is almost impossible to describe how much pain I am in.  It hurts so bad that I am crying.  My father enters wondering why I am groaning, moaning, and crying.  I am in desperate pain. ”What’s the matter,” he asks as if I had only had a bad dream.  I tried to answer clearly, but all that will come out was “It hurts.  It hurts bad. It hurts.”  “What hurts,” he asked, not knowing anything.  “My stomach! It hurts! It hurts! oww!”  “Do you have to throw up?” he asked.  That’s it. My father had solved my problem. I needed to barf! I think! Well I know what I have to do and I better go do it.  I raced toward the bathroom.  My only challenger was what was going to come out of my mouth in a couple of seconds.



My 23, 1998 (Junior High Graduation)
On graduation day my friend Laura Lameroux took me and my friends to the lake on her boat.  We had a fun time, but it was too late for me to get a tan-dang it!  That night we spent the night at her house and partied.  Her mom gave us a bottle of sparkling cider that looks like champagne and we drank it in fancy glasses and each made toasts.  We also burned Tawna’s PRIDE CARD (a card that keeps track if we did our homework), put the ashes in a box and buried them.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I feel that I know you so much better now. My favorite is the dramatic entry. I wish I would have known you when we were that age.

Mika said...

The dramatic entry is a literary masterpiece.

Ashton and Lydia Buswell said...

You were right! Those entries are even better than the first ones. You should plan on keeping a journal for the rest of your life.

Ashton and Lydia Buswell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.