Saturday, November 3, 2012

Past Halloween Awards

The award for most frustrating costume goes to...

The Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz
Even though I went trick or treating with my sister 
and everyone could easily tell that she was Dorothy,
nobody could figure out who I was.

(Don't blame yourself mom, you did a great job at sewing all that hay into my overalls)


Least disguising disguise...

Witch
I was so sure that nobody would recognize me with my green face paint,
pointed nose, and frizzy hair.
I was wrong.


Most repeated costume...

Hippy

One of the best decisions my mom ever could have made was
to save her bell bottoms from the 70s.

Best Costume...

Siamese Twin from the 80s

I will always hold dear in my heart the year that 
Irene and I scrambled around Provo to sew two eighties outfits together.
Nothing could top the ghetto blaster we took turns carrying on our shoulders.
Also, I loved that my "twin" was almost a foot shorter than me.
So bummed that I don't have photographic evidence of this one.
This will have to suffice:


Best Choice Made On Halloween Night...

Foregoing trick-or-treating
so that I wouldn't miss
this film on TV:

(Yes, we owned a VCR)

Worst Halloween Choice

If you get invited to a party the weekend before Halloween and it says: "Costumes optional,"
what that really means is: "Don't wear a costume and you'll be tagged in an embarrassing picture on facebook, so all your 'friends' can give you grief for not dressing up." Next year, I better plan ahead better.

3 comments:

Andrea Stevenson said...

Bahahahaaaaaaa! Oh my goodness that MK&A movie was so much better than the Christmas one. I wonder what mom and dad thought when we told them we didn't want to go trick-or-treating that year

irene said...

I forgot about that!! So glad that that won best costume! Miss you, BJ.

Janet said...

I will tell you what Mom and Dad thought that year: "We have such mature children." Had no idea the whole thing was about a Mary Kate and Ashley Olson TV movie. Now I have to wonder, "What other secrets have they kept from me?"