Monday, July 25, 2011

Napster


" He said he named it 'Napster' because it was his nickname because of the nappy hair under the hat. But he lied, it's because I was NAPPING when he STOLE it from me!"


Last Friday, I drove up to my grandpa's house with my awesome Cuz and Sista Sista. I love seeing my grandpa, but I don't love staying at his house. Why not? Well, the beds are older than I am. Therefore, I didn't sleep all night. I was more than delighted to get up at 6:30am for breakfast because it meant my night of torture was over.

Fortunately, I was exhausted enough a few hours later to take a nice little nap. And naptime means dream time. One dream involved going sledding. Without snow. It didn't go over very well. The boy scouts that were there still made an attempt at it, though. Gotta love boy scouts.

In my other dream, I was in an airport and overheard a woman speaking to her daughter about the Mormons. I jumped right in and asked them if they wanted to know more about the Mormon church. They answered in the affirmative and I explained that the church's name is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, but we are called "mormons" because of the Book of Mormon. I grabbed my copy out of my backpack to give it to them. She started looking thumbing through the pages and said, 'Umm...this is my Bible." Oops. I must have grabbed it on accident. I tried again and pulled out another book. I tried once more, but still couldn't get a Book of Mormon to give her. I decided that it wasn't meant to be, so I chose to direct her to mormon.org instead. And what do you know-my pen wouldn't work, so I couldn't write the url for her. I hope that when I try to share the gospel in real-life, I won't have so many disruptions.

No comments: